Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to school tips

Back to school is on every one's mind now and I know it's sad but it is something to think about! During the school year I find that I lose weight sometimes  (I'm not on a diet or need to be or anything) because I'm stressed with everything and sacrifice my body for my mind and school. I need to have something that keeps me awake during the day because I have insomnia (It means I can't sleep)  and it takes me forever to fall asleep. A typical day last year was bad. Here it is:
Wake up at 6:50-ish.
Get dressed
Nibble on something
Get books in bag
Leave for school
Don't eat lunch
Come home
Do homework
Study
Eat dinner
Watch TV
eat dessert
go to bed and start the process over again. It's really unhealthy and it wasn't until a very close friend told me that I had to stop and when I nearly passed out in school, when I realized I needed to stop. I ate better, got more sleep, and felt better. You need to have breakfast before school. I know if you say you don't have time. Make time. Get up earlier. Taking away a little sleep for more energy later is worth it. And if you go to bed earlier, then you don't lose as much sleep. Don't take energy drinks. You will feel jittery and then crash and feel sleepy. Drink water or some OJ. In the morning have some wholewheat toast with some butter. It's really good. Tea is also good for you. (Green Tea.) Coffee is like an energy drink. It makes you crash. A bagel is also good to eat. For lunch have something you will eat and enjoy. And have a light snack when you come home, some fruit or veggies make great snacks. I will also do a great vegetarian guide to eating well. *Note* eating little food is bad for you and causes you to gain weight. Your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat inside it, making you gain weight.

2 comments:

  1. WOAHWHOAWHOAWHOAWOAH. whoa. I was the one who told you to eat more. Even then, it was REALLY hard to make you eat breakfast and even harder to make you eat lunch. And now in summer? You're back to your usual self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I get normal in the summer. in the school year I just get stressed and dont have time.

    ReplyDelete